Login Information & Help
Our online and hybrid courses are delivered through the Blackboard ™ Content Management System and are accessed through myCommNet (http://my.commnet.edu). myCommNet is the name of the portal that makes it easier to conduct college business, complete your coursework, check your academic progress, register for classes, and manage your college finances, all with a single sign-on.
"How do I get to myCommNet and my online course?"
- Before accessing your course make sure you have a compatible browser.
- Watch a video to learn how to log in if you know your NetID and password. If you do not know your login info, see next question.
- Ready to log in? From a web browser go to http://my.commnet.edu.
"How do I log in?"
To log in, use your current NetID and password. Not sure what your NetID is? Use the NetID Lookup tool.
A NetID is: BannerID@student.commnet.edu (ex. email@example.com)
Password for returning students: The 8-character password you currently use
Password for new students: The initial password for all new NetIDs will be based on a combination of personal information (birth date and social security number). Specifically, the following three items will make up the initial password:
- 1st three characters of birth month (with first letter ONLY capitalized)
- Ampersand character - &
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number
Example: For a user with a birth date of 10/24/79 and social security number of 123-45-6789, the initial password would be: Oct&6789. NOTE: You will be forced to change your password the first time you log on and select a security question.
Ready to log in? From a web browser go to http://my.commnet.edu.
"How do I find my courses?"
Once you are logged in, click the Blackboard link at the top or in the body of the page at right.
"The system isn't letting me log in with my password."
"I forgot my password."
"I don't know what my password is."
- If this is your first time logging in, be sure you have read "How do I log in?" above.
- You can try to reset your password here: NetID Password Reset.
- You can Visit the Connecticut Community Colleges Online Help Desk or call them at 860-723-0221. They are available 24/7.
- Learn how to clear the cache and cookies from your browser (opens in a new window). This maintenance task solves a lot of problems. Clear cache regularly.
- If you have let your browser save your password and your password has been changed, you will have to delete the old, saved password from your browser's settings.
You can Google the topic for your particular browser or check out this page for deleting saved passwords. Link opens in new window. Look for anything with my.commnet.edu, online.commnet.edu, or my5prodcas.commnet.edu in the saved password list and remove or delete.
"How do I check email?"
- Go to http://my.commnet.edu and click the Office365/Email link located in the Other Resources panel on the right. Log in with your NetID and password.
- If you have a smartphone, download the Outlook.com app from your device's store and log in with your NetID and password.
"How do I install Microsoft Office 365?"
- Download the Quick-Start Guide to Online Services and Support at ACC (PDF) Guide includes instructions to install Office 365, connect to Wifi, Add/Drop courses online, reset your password, and more.
"What if I have a question about using Blackboard or need technical assistance?"
- Visit the Connecticut Community Colleges Online Help Desk. Support is available 24/7.
- Check the "Help & Support " menu item in your Blackboard course.
- On Campus Support
You can get help Monday-Friday from 9:00-4:30 by calling, emailing, or visiting Katie O'Connell.
Office: Room 113