Asnuntuck Community College’s Library provides students, faculty, staff and the general public with the standard range of community college library services including reference, reserves, circulation, interlibrary loan, and information literacy instruction. The Library provides access to a range of information sources including print materials, media products and online bibliographic/full text resources.
The Library is a 9000 sq ft, 70 seat, 9 PC, 1 group pod PC, 1 adaptive technology equipped station, facility, located in the western wing of the ACC campus. The current Library facility was built as an expansion of the original campus building in 1990.
The Library provides information/research products including:
- 68 item e-book collection (online encyclopedias)
- 30000 books
- 200+ print journal/magazine titles (physical access)
- 15000+ journal/magazine titles bibliographic/full text (online access)
- 1400+ media collection (CD/ DVD/VHS)
The Library also provides services including:
- Adaptive technology for customers with special needs
- Library materials loan (books, cd, dvd, vhs)
- Research consultation-on site, by telephone, through email
- Interlibrary loan
- Information literacy instruction
The Library promotes the development of lifelong information literacy,problem-solving, and critical thinking skills by providing multiple access points to intellectually and culturally appropriate materials for the college and surrounding communities. Library patrons will know that they can find what they are looking for in any library, that a library today is much larger than the space it inhabits, and that it is a friendly place with helpful staff.