WHAT are the advantages of the HSPP?
- Experience college level courses
- Explore a variety of interests
- Earn college credits that can transfer towards two or four year degrees
WHO can take courses?
Qualified students can enroll in an accredited college course at Asnuntuck Community College free of tuition and fees each semester during their junior and senior years (up to 4 credits each semester).
Qualifications: 80 (B) grade average.
(Note: Students should consider their appropriateness for the High School Partnership Program and course selection carefully. Guidance counselors will assist in this decision making process. Final approval for student applications to the HSPP will rest with the high school counselor and the College’s program coordinator.)
HOW does a student enroll?
Students should discuss their interest in the HSPP with their high school counselor and complete an application form. First time applicants should also complete an Asnuntuck Community College Admissions Application. (The $20.00 application fee is waived.)
WHERE are the courses offered?
At the Asnuntuck Community College campus at 170 Elm Street, Enfield, CT 06082. You may view the spring 2013 course schedule here
1. Complete the Admissions Application for Asnuntuck Community College
2. Complete the High School Partnership Program Application and return it to your Guidance Counselor. He or she will then send this along with your high school transcript.
3. If you are selecting a Math or English course, you must take the Basic Skills Assessment test or show SAT or ACT scores to determine appropriate course placement (please consult the spring 2013 course schedule and call 253-3012).